The FytoScope can also be used for growing algae and cyanobacteria in Petri dishes or Erlenmeyer flasks.
- Illumination in two standard versions:
...WIR (Cool or Warm White + Far-Red LEDs)
...RGBIR (Red + Green + Blue + Far-Red LEDs)
- Independently programmable LED-based illumination:
- light modulation according to a predefined function (continuous, pulse, sine, triangle), user programmed function (optional) or daylight simulation (optional);
- intensity up to 1,500 umol(photon)/m2.s;
- precise intensity control in the range of 1 % to 100 %;
- timing steps from seconds to hours and days;
- minimum plant heating.
- Temperature control: programmable controller ramps temperature up or down in the range of +15 oC to +50 oC, respectively +7 oC to +55 oC (with optional temperature upgrade)
- Day / night cycle programmable
- Daylight (cloudy sky) simulation (optional)
- Air exchange between the interior and the environment
User-Defined Protocol Window
- FT, QY (optional)
- Relative humidity (optional)
Digital Display of the FytoScope FS 130
- Precision-controlled plant growing
- Well-defined growing of algae or cyanobacteria in Petri dishes or Erlenmeyer flasks
- Precise control of the light intensity, mode and timing
- LED light panel size: 25 x 35 cm
- 112 white LEDs (cool or warm white)
- Maximum light intensity for cool white: 1500 µmol(photons)/m².s *
- Maximum light intensity for warm white: 500 µmol(photons)/m².s *
- Maximum light intensity with upgrade: up to 2,000 µmol(photon)/m2.s (cool white); up to 1,000 µmol(photon)/m2.s * (warm white)
- * Measured at 30 cm from the light source
- Precise control of the light intensity, mode and timing
- LED light panel size: 25 x 35 cm
- Over 300 evenly mounted LEDs
- Maximum light intensity for RGBIR: 1500 µmol(photons)/m².s
- Red 627 nm: ...... 500 µmol(photon)/m2.s *
- Green 530 nm: ... 500 µmol(photon)/m2.s *
- Blue 470 nm: ...... 500 µmol(photon)/m2.s *
- R-G-B: .............. 1,500 µmol(photon)/m2.s *
- R-G-B with upgrade: about 2,000 µmol(photon)/m2.s (700 µmol(photon)/m2.s for each color) *
- * Measured at 30 cm from the light source
LED Light Characteristics: Relative Intensity vs. Wavelength
- High-quality construction materials ensuring maximum durability and reliability
- Outside dimensions: 100 x 55 x 62 cm (H x W x D)
- Inside dimensions: 69 x 42 x 40 cm (H x W x D)
- Volume: 124 L
- Minimal footprint size using less laboratory space
- Digital display for temperature, relative humidity, and lighting intensity readings
- Temperature range: +15 ºC to +50 ºC (with maximum illumination); +7 ºC to +50 ºC (without illumination); +7 ºC to +55 ºC (with maximum illumination - with Temperature Upgrade option)
- Higher temperature as an option (please inquire about the range and price)
- Possibility to comfortably edit light protocols from a PC via the Device Control Center application (program can be downloaded from Support/Downloads/Software/Utilities/Device Control Center)
- Relative humidity control (optional)
- Integrated CO2 mixer (optional)
- Incorporated module for measuring chlorophyll fluorescence parameters (optional - see the below photo)
- LED Light Illumination:
LED panel 25 x 35 cm
- Controlled Temperature Range:
+15 ºC to +50 ºC (with maximum illumination)
+7 ºC to +55 ºC (with maximum illumination) - optional
- External Dimensions:
100 x 55 x 62 cm (H x W x D)
- Internal Dimensions:
69 x 42 x 40 cm (H x W x D)
- Growth Area:
- Internal Volume:
- Air Ventilation:
250 L / hour
220 – 240 V; ~ 50 Hz; 160 W ; 0,70 A
- Power Input:
1 year parts and labor
- SZTATELMAN O., ŁABUZ J., HERMANOWICZ P., ET AL. (2016): Fine tuning chloroplast movements through physical interactions between phototropins. J. Exp. Bot. Volume 67. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/jxb/erw265
- HORRER D., FLÜTSCH S., PAZMINO D. ET AL. (2016): Blue Light Induces a Distinct Starch Degradation Pathway in Guard Cells for Stomatal Opening. Current Biology, Volume 26, Issue 3, pp. 362-370. DOI: 10.1016/j.cub.2015.12.036
- SIDDIQUI H., KHAN S., RHODES B. M. ET AL. (2016): FHY3 and FAR1 Act Downstream of Light Stable hytochromes. Frontiers in Plant Science. Volume 7. DOI=10.3389/fpls.2016.00175
- DUARTE B., SANTOS D., SILVA H. ET AL. (2014): Light–dark O2 dynamics in submerged leaves of C3 and C4 halophytes under increased dissolved CO2: clues for saltmarsh response to climate change. AoB Plants. Volume 6. DOI:10.1093/aobpla/plu067
- DUARTE B., SANTOS D., SILVA H. ET AL. (2014): Photochemical and biophysical feedbacks of C3 and C4 Mediterranean halophytes to atmospheric CO2 enrichment confirmed by their stable isotope signatures. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry. Volume 80, pp. 10-22. DOI: 10.1016/j.plaphy.2014.03.016
- CARTAXANA P., DOMINGUES N., CRUZ S. ET AL. (2013): Photoinhibition in benthic diatom assemblages under light stress. Aquatic Microbial Ecolology. Volume 70. Pages 87-92. DOI:10.3354/ame01648
- PAINTER S. C., PATEY M. D., FORRYAN A. ET AL. (2013): ). Evaluating the balance between vertical diffusive nitrate supply and nitrogen fixation with reference to nitrate uptake in the eastern subtropical North Atlantic Ocean. Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans. Volume 118, pp. 5732-5749. DOI: 10.1002/jgrc.20416
- SABUROVA M., POLIKARPOV I. AND AL-YAMANI F. (2013): New records of the genus Gambierdiscus in marginal seas of the Indian Ocean. Marine Biodiversity Records.Volume 6. DOI:10.1017/S1755267213000675
- VILUMBRALES M. D., SKÁCELOVÁ K. AND BARTÁK M. (2013): ). Sensitivity of Antarctic freshwater algae to salt stress assessed by fast chlorophyll fluorescence transient. Czech Polar Reports, Brno: Masarykova univerzita, Volume 3, pp. 163-172. DOI:10.5817/CPR2013 -2 -17
- WIENTJES E., VAN AMERONGEN H., CROCE R. (2013): LHCII is an antenna of both photosystems after long-term acclimation. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Bioenergetics, Volume 1827, pp. 420-426. DOI: 10.1016/j.bbabio.2012.12.009
- WIENTJES E., VAN AMERONGEN H., CROCE R. (2013): Quantum Yield of Charge Separation in Photosystem II: Functional Effect of Changes in the Antenna Size upon Light Acclimation. The Journal of Physical Chemistry. Volume 117, pp. 11200-11208. DOI: 10.1021/jp401663w
- COSTA J., GIMÉNEZ-CASALDUERO F., MELO R. ET AL. (2012): Colour morphotypes of Elysia timida (Sacoglossa, Gastropoda) are determined by light acclimation in food algae. Aquatic Biology. Volume 17, pp. 81-89. DOI: 10.3354/ab00446
- DOMINGUES N., MATOS A.R., MARQUES DA SILVA J. ET AL. (2012): Response of the Diatom Phaeodactylum tricornutum to Photooxidative Stress Resulting from High Light Exposure. PLoS ONE 7. Volume 6. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0038162
- Orders and Payments
- FytoScope FS 130-WIR MINI 6.999,- €
- FytoScope FS 130-RGBIR MINI 8.999,- €
- Shaker SHK-2013 * 1.290,- €
- Tray with Sticky Matting * 270,- €
- 50-ml Erlenmeyer Attachment * 179,- €
- 100-ml Erlenmeyer Attachment * 169,- €
- 250-ml Erlenmeyer Attachment * 159,- €
- 500-ml Erlenmeyer Attachment * 149,- €
- 1000-ml Erlenmeyer Attachment * 139,- €
- Light Upgrade for FS 130 999,- €
- Temperature Upgrade for FS 130 1.870,- €
- Ultrasonic Humidifier for FS 130 2.090,- €
- Fluorescence Module 3.990,- €
- Additional Protective Glasses * 19,- €
- User-Defined Custom Protocol 400,- €
- Daylight Protocol 100,- €
- Gas Mixing System GMS 150 8.680,- €
FytoScope FS 130-WIR
Interior growing space 130 l. LED light illumination - panel 25 x 35 cm with white + infra-red LEDs. Maximum light intensity: 1,500 µmol(photon)/m2.s (cold white); 500 µmol(photon)/m2.s (warm white) - measured at 30 cm from the light panel. Precise control over the light mode, intensity, and timing. Temperature control in the range of 15 - 50 ºC (with maximum illumination).
FytoScope FS 130-RGBIR
Interior growing space 130 l. LED light illumination - panel 25 x 35 cm with red + green + blue + infra-red LEDs. Maximum light intensity: 1,500 µmol(photon)/m2.s (measured at 30 cm from the light panel). Precise control over the light mode, intensity, and timing. Temperature control in the range of 15 - 50 ºC (with maximum illumination).
Bench-scale orbital shaker with loading capacity of 5 kg. Rotation speed: 30-500 RPM. Dimension (D x W x H): 375 x 320 x 125 mm; weight: 8 kg. Non-skid rubber mat included - suitable for small lightweight containers or Petri dishes and low speed rotation. Tray with sticky matting or Erlenmeyer attachments are recommended for Erlenmeyer flasks shaking with high speed rotation.
Tray with Sticky Matting
Stainless tray with sticky matting for safe fastening of various types and sizes of culture vessels. The tray is easily installed onto the shaker SHK-2013 top part.
50-ml Erlenmeyer Attachment
Accessory to Shaker SHK-2013: attachment for up to 14 Erlenmeyer flasks with a size of 50 ml.
100-ml Erlenmeyer Attachment
Accessory to Shaker SHK-2013: attachment for up to 9 Erlenmeyer flasks with a size of 100 ml.
250-ml Erlenmeyer Attachment
Accessory to Shaker SHK-2013: attachment for up to 5 Erlenmeyer flasks with a size of 250 ml.
500-ml Erlenmeyer Attachment
Accessory to Shaker SHK-2013: attachment for up to 4 Erlenmeyer flasks with a size of 500 ml.
1000-ml Erlenmeyer Attachment
Accessory to Shaker SHK-2013: attachment for up to 2 Erlenmeyer flasks with a size of 1000 ml.
Light Upgrade for FS 130
Illumination upgrade enables reaching intensity up to 2,000 µmol(photons)/m2.s (coool white or RGB group) or up to 1,000 µmol(photons)/m2.s (warm white). IMPORTANT NOTICE: Light Upgrade CANNOT be used together with the Temperature Upgrade.
Temperature Upgrade for FS 130
Wider range of cultivation temperatures. Temperature control range: +7 to +55 ºC (with maximum illumination). IMPORTANT NOTICE: Temperature Upgrade CANNOT be used together with the Light Upgrade.
Additional module that serves to raise humidity in the FytoScope. Generally, it is intended for humidity increase at higher temperatures and depends on a particular application. Inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Module for measuring standard chlorophyll fluorescence parameters (FT, QY, etc.) in grown plants.
Additional Protective Glasses
Radiation safety glasses protecting against excessive LED radiation – equipped with side cover and protective filters. One pair of glasses is provided with the device free of charge.
User-Defined Custom Protocol
Optional feature to programming FytoScope illumination: when uploaded to the device, this Protocol can support up to 224 light phase intervals, each defined by light intensity and duration.
The Daylight Protocol serves for cloudy skies simulations - several adjustable parameters. Includes also additional program for "cloud visualization" on a PC.
High-Precision Gas Mixing System GMS 150
The standard version GMS 150 includes two channels (channel 1 for Air-N2; channel 2 for CO2). Preferably it is intended for use with PSI Multi-Cultivators, small-volume Photobioreactors, large-volume Photobioreactors and Growth Chambers. High-precision GMS 150 can optionally hold up to four channels.
Size: 6.5 MB
Size: 2.9 MB
Size: 1.0 MB
Size: 3.7 MB
Size: 1.3 MB
Size: 121 KB
Size: 1.1 MB
Size: 1.6 MB
Size: 652 KB
FytoScope Chamber FS 130 is designed for well-defined growing and monitoring of higher plants. It is equipped with a LED-based light panel that provides high-intensity illumination, which is controllable in its power, spectral composition and temporal modulation.
FytoScope Chamber FS 360
FS 360 is a growth chamber that is accessible from the top. The LED-based light panel is mounted in the lid. Controllable parameters are temperature and illumination, optionally gas composition.
Reach-In FytoScope FS-RI 1600
Reach-in growth chamber with inside capacity of 1600 L and high-intensity LED-based illumination. Precise control over the temperature, humidity and light conditions. Step-in Fytoscopes FS-SI provide controlled growing conditions for diverse plants: from Arabidopsis to wheat, corn or rice. Full range of "day/night" cycles with "dawn/dusk" and "cloudy sky" effects can be programmed. Optionally, basic fluorescence parameters can be monitored.
Step-In FytoScope FS-SI
Step-in Fytoscopes FS-SI provide controlled growing conditions for diverse plants: from Arabidopsis to wheat, corn or rice. Inner environment is preciselly controlled in temperature, humidity as well as light intensity and characteristics. Full range of "day/night" cycles with "dawn/dusk" and "cloudy sky" effects can be programmed. Optionally, basic fluorescence parameters can be monitored.
Walk-In FytoScope FS-WI
Walk-in FytoScope FS-WI is a LED-based growth chamber that provides excellent spectral quality with high irradiance for all plant physiology applications. Due to versatile construction, the FS-WI may be used for growing of diverse plants: from Arabidopsis to wheat, corn or rice.
Cultivation room equipped with individual Cultivation Banks allows more than 12 different experimental setups in one space. Cultivation Banks feature multi-color, LED light technology for optimal plant growth as well as sophisticated system of air ventilation.
Cultivation Shelves are manufactured with LED-based illumination and they serve for controlled cultivation of plants. They are usually equipped with white and FAR LEDs and they do not allow temperature regulation.
AlgaeTron AG 130-ECO
AlgaeTron AG 130 is a floor standing incubated shaker that provides well-defined conditions for growing algae and cyanobacteria. It comes with a shaker and is equipped with a large, easy-to-read display screen. Intuitive programming allows multiple parameter changes to timing, light intensity, light characteristics, temperature, and shaking power.
AlgaeTron AG 230
AlgaeTron AG 230 is a floor standing incubated shaker with minimum footprint size - yet with three independently illuminated spaces for comfortable growing of algae and cyanobacteria in controlled conditions. Programmable parameters are: timing, light intensity, light characteristics, temperature, and shaking power.