PlanTherm PT 100 device allows fast and precise estimation of heat stability of plants and algae. It is designed for measurement of conductivity and chlorophyll fluorescence in algae suspensions and plant samples (e.g. middle size leaves or leaf segments). Heat stability of the sample is determined by controlled linear increase of temperature in water bath with the submersed sample and simultaneous online measurement of conductivity and chlorophyll fluorescence transients. Samples submersed in water bath with distilled water can be gradually heated from 20 °C up to 70 °C in controlled temperature increase rate. The rate can be modified based on user-defined protocol (increase of 1-3 °C per minute). Homogenous heat distribution inside of the water bath is ensured by instantaneous mixing of the water with magnetic stirrer.
During linear heating, concurrent changes in the minimal chlorophyll fluorescence Ft value are continuously monitored together with changes in the conductivity of the deionized water. Kinetic curves, conductivity-temperature curves and fluorescence temperature curves are simultaneously recorded and automatically analyzed with the ProfileCon software. The conductivity temperature is used for determination of the threshold temperature (Tcond), which refers to critical temperature when cell membrane of plant material is disrupted resulting in ion leakage. PAM (pulse-amplitude measurement) measurement of chlorophyll fluorescence intensity (Ft) during linear heating of the sample is used for the analysis of the fluorescence temperature curve characterizing heat stability of primary photosynthetic processes. Together with critical threshold temperature, critical threshold fluorescence value (TF) is automatically determined. In addition OJIP (fast chlorophyll fluorescence transient measurement) can be also determined during the linear heating.
PlanTherm PT 100 is supplied with a built-in mini-PC (based on Intel® NUC) unit with pre-installed Windows7 operating system, which offers intelligent and intuitive user interface. ProfileCon graphical user interface (GUI) allows experiment setting, data analysis and data export to text output files. Plot descriptions of running experiments, measured raw data and analyzed results can be displayed on the main screen.
- Compact device including the measuring unit, magnetic stirrer, thermoregulator, and mini-computer in one case
- Sample chamber for small to middle size leaves or leaf segments
- Precisely controlled gradual (linear) heating of plant segments with the slope up to 3 °C/min
- Accurate temperature measurements (+/-0.02 °C) within the range of 20 - 70 °C
- High accuracy conductivity measurement within 0.01 – 1000 µS/cm
- Measurement of minimum chlorophyll fluorescence intensity (F0 level) and other chlorophyll fluorescence parameters (e.g., actual quantum yield of photosystem II photochemistry - ФPSII) during the linear heating
- OJIP curve measurement at predefined temperatures during the linear heating
- Built-in scripting (R environment) language allows custom analysis of measured responses
- Fast estimation of constitutive and inducible heat tolerance of plants
- Investigations of thermal stability of plants
- Studies on stress tolerance and acclimation responses
- Photosynthesis research
- Detection of biotic and abiotic stress
- Plant resistance or susceptibility to stress factors
- Agriculture and horticulture
- Measured Fluorescence Parameters:
F0, FM, FV, OJIP curve, FT, ФPSII(T), Fluorescence/Temperature curve with up to four fluorescence critical points estimation
- Measured Conductivity Parameters:
Conductivity/Temperature curve with conductivity critical point estimation
- Fluorescence Module Excitation Light Sources:
460 nm for both the saturation light and FT measuring pulse; individual intensity settings
Custom-defined linear heating (1-3 °C/min) in the defined temperature range
- Temperature Control Range:
- Water Bath Volume:
- Conductivity Measurement Resolution:
- Temperature Measurement Resolution:
- Stirrer Frequency:
- Data Sampling Frequency:
- Typical Samples:
Detached leaf segments of maximum size 0.5cm x 2.0 cm
Predefined R script for critical point searching; analysis scripts free for custom modifications
- Mini-PC Configuration:
Intel NUC Golden Lake D33217GKE i3-3217-U 1.8 GHz; min 90GB SSD HD, 2 GB DDR3 RAM
- Power Input:
Maximum 70 W
- Dimensions / Weight:
5 cm x 20 cm x 20 cm; 2 kg
90 - 240 V
- Orders and Payments
- PlanTherm PT 100 9.990,- €
- Spare Cuvette for PlanTherm PT 100 * 150,- €
- Sample Holder for PlanTherm PT 100 90,- €
- Conductivity Probe for PlanTherm PT 100 * 450,- €
- Magnetic Stirrer Bar for PlanTherm PT 100 9,- €
Spare Cuvette for PlanTherm PT 100 *
PSI0936 - Cuvette 402.000-OG 10mm.
Sample Holder for PlanTherm PT 100
Includes sample holder and sample holder cube (PSI16025 and PSI16026).
Conductivity Probe for PlanTherm PT 100 *
PlanTherm sensor PSI18828.
Magnetic Stirrer Bar for PlanTherm PT 100
Magnetic stirrer bar PTFE 3x8 mm (PSI13841).
Size: 111 KB
Size: 907 KB
Size: 174 KB
Size: 929 KB
Size: 612 KB
PlanTherm PT 100 is a complete system for fast and easy estimation of heat stability of plants. It includes the measuring unit, magnetic stirrer, thermoregulator, and mini-computer in one compact case.
Gas Mixing System GMS 150
High-precision GMS 150 can produce mixtures of up to 4 different gases. The flows of the individual input gases are measured by thermal mass flow meters and adjusted by integrated mass flow controllers. It can be used as a stand-alone instrument or in a system with the PSI Photobioreactors.
Spectrometer SM 9000
Spectrometer SM 9000 was developed for advanced high-resolution, fiber optic spectroscopy applications in the UV/VIS to NIR range. Fast recording can capture as many as 100 spectra per second with data resolution of 16 bits.
The primary application of the instrument is the polarographic measurement of dissolved oxygen by a Clark electrode.